Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Monkey See


A few nights ago I was tracing out a sewing pattern on the kitchen floor, and my daughter was fascinated by the process.

So fascinated, in fact, that when it came time to cut the pattern pieces apart she grabbed one of them, ran off to find her scissors, and...cut straight down the middle of the bodice front piece.

Once I recovered from my shock and exasperation, I figured I'd take some scraps of the pattern tracing paper and make some big swoopy lines for her to practice cutting along.

By that time she'd lost interest, but she returned to the project last night and proceeded to trace over each of the lines very carefully (and impressively precisely!). She spent a long time at it, too. Funny to think about what's going on in her head and how she might be imagining "doing what Mama does."

No comments:

Post a Comment